We are hurtling towards Grovestock – thank you so much to everyone that has signed up, brought in raffle tickets, donated items and bought tickets.
We realllllllllly, need help with the marquee on Friday at 9am and Saturday afternoon at 5.30pm and would like to have a specific crew that can learn the ropes. There is a sheet up on the board outside of class 3 if you are able to add your name – at the moment, there is just one name that has signed up..
We also need some volunteer slots filling in e.g. on selling raffle tickets, the inflatables, tombolas and game stations. These stalls earn some good money with very little outlay, however, without volunteers, they have to shut. The biggest headache is ensuring the items and money from that stall are secure if it has to shut.
We will be running a cake stall and any donations will be hugely appreciated – cakes can be brought to the staffroom on Friday or down to the stall on Saturday (it could be good project for any keen child bakers for Friday evening – guess what is happening at our house).
Does anyone have a clean large water dispenser with a tap that we could borrow at all?
Does anyone have any large freezer/fridge space we could use until Saturday lunchtime?
Also, we need some clean empty plastic bottles preferably 1 litre (e.g.tonic water size) and also 500ml sizes. They can be placed in the red bucket.
Raffle tickets – money and stubbs are trickling in but we still need a huge push. Tickets will be on sale on the day (and you can bring in money on Saturday if you need the time as the raffle will be drawn around 4.45pm) – extra books are available in the box outside of class 3. The list of current prizes will be at the bottom of this email.
Tickets for Grovestock are on sale after school – a question that we have been asked is ‘are the general public allowed’ – the answer is a definite yes. Please bring your friends, family, neighbours, etc – it is a great afternoon for the whole family – bring a picnic blanket, your fold down chairs and grab a pitch!
Raffle list to date:
1. 1st Prize – £100 Cash Prize
2. 2nd Prize – £50 Amazon voucher
3. Stockeld Park Family Pass
4. Afternoon Tea at the Cedar Court Grand
5. Jorvik Viking Centre family Pass
6. Elvington Air Museum family pass
7. York Energise/ Yearsley – Free Pass for one month
8. 2 X Theatre Royal Tickets
9. The Black Swan – Peasholme Green – Meal and drinks for 4 people
10. £20 Voucher for USA Nails (Gillygate)
11. £20 Voucher for USA Nails (Gillygate)
12. £20 Voucher for USA Nails (Gillygate)
13. 1 x £15 meal voucher at Wagamama
14. 1 X £15 meal voucher at Wagamama
15. Bang Hair Goody Bag
16. Bang Hair Goody Bag
17. An original piece of art work of the school
18. Rainbow Ceramics – Pottery Decoration set
19. Appleton Butchers – £10 Gift Voucher
20. Upside Down Interior Design gift bag full of goodies
21. A Large Box of Lindt Swiss Chocolates
22. Spark t shirt
23. Street Cleaver (at Spark) – Free Bao
24. Dough Eyed (at Spark)- Slice of pizza and a Drink
25. YNC Vegan Dairy/Egg Free Chocolate Fudge Cake (at Spark)
26. Hebden Tea – Strawberry and Cream Rooibos Tea and infuser
27. Hotel Chocolate – X 5 Free Ice creams
The PTA Committee