Homework for the first week of 2014 c7 Homework 16 v2
Happy New Year
We will start a new topic homework next week.
Keep up the reading – particularly careful reading out loud to someone else. Remember to write in your book once a week and bring it into school every day.
Maths recall facts
We are learning equivalences between fractions, decimals and percentages. There will be a test of these on Friday instead of spellings. You could make all the groups of facts, play snap games or find matching pairs
Times Tables x____
- The test is next Friday so make sure you know which one you are practising.
- Swimming starts on Monday afternoon. Don’t forget your kit, a towel and a bag (or 2) to help keep your clothes dry and sorted. We will also walk whatever the weather so make sure you have a coat. This replaces PE from Friday but the Thursday PE session will still happen.
- In English we are working on the features of myths and legends.
- In maths, we will work on our written methods of addition including applying them to word based problems.
- In science we are working on defining solids and liquids.